Leading advanced computing communities with discovery and innovation.
The A2C2 provides transformative advanced computing solutions, in a cost-effective manner, to support the University’s mission and goals as they apply to research, education, and public service.
Computation is increasingly central to progress at the frontiers of almost every scientific discipline and to our most challenging feats of engineering. Computer-based simulation enables researchers to predict the behavior of complex systems that are beyond the reach of our most powerful experimental probes or our most sophisticated theories. Computational modeling has greatly advanced the understanding of fundamental processes of nature. We can now design novel catalysts and high-efficiency engines on computers. Through modeling and simulation, we are able to explore the interior of stars and learn how protein machines work inside living cells. A2C2s high performance computing facilities provide the laboratories for researchers to engage and solve the challenging problems that
affect ASU, Arizona, the Southwest, and our Nation.
We offer a range of services to ASU researchers and industry partners including cycles, storage, networks, software, and intellectual capital.
Our high performance infrastructure contains:
• Research Proposal Support
• 5,000 CPU Supercomputer, 300 TB high-speed disk, 12 TB RAM
• High-Performance, High-Memory, and High-Throughput Computing
• 100 Gigabit/s Enabled Ethernet
• Internet 2 Innovation Platform Member
• National Lambda Rail Access
• Workshops On Using Advanced Computing Resources
• Local Incubator for Developing and Scaling Applications
• Workforce Pipeline
• Access to the ASU Research Community
• Professional Application Porting
• Software Development
• Disaster Recovery Plans
• Overflow Sourcing
• Sandbox Services
• Information Design Services